– In order to submit a film, you must own the rights or have permission from the owner.
- All submissions must be submitted via digital screener (Vimeo, FilmFreeway, other screening service. We DO NOT accept physical submissions (DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.);
– Any foreign film that is not in English must have English subtitles.
– All fees are non-refundable.
– Not all the submissions are selected for the official competition. Our Judges are free to make their own choices and no responses will be provided about unselected works.
– SCIFF may consider any film to be disqualified if the festival considers the content inappropriate. NO PORNOGRAPHY. If you have any question regarding this decision, you may contact us via email.
– Filmmakers can submit the film in multiple categories in order to become a multi-award film. Still, the decision about the selection is strictly determined by our judging’ team and selection for screening is not guaranteed.
– By submitting your project, you authorize SCIFF to use, distribute and share the film poster, trailer, synopsis, and movie stills on our website and social media.
– Films can be available online and still be entered in the competition for our festival.
– Multiple submissions and multiple category submissions are accepted and each fee must accompany the additional submission(s).
– Films must have been completed within the past 5 years.
– Shorts must be less than 30 minutes.
– Premiere status is not required.
- The winner in each category will receive a cash prize of $100US in addition to a Statuette
*Winner for best trailer will receive $50 and an official frameable Winners Certificate.
- Any project that is an "official selection" will receive their laurels.